For the research and manufacturing of asphalt and asphalt-related products, GLC owns and operates one of the most advanced, fully automated, state of the art plants in Atlantic Canada. This 3,000 square foot facility enables us to deliver a wide range of innovative research and testing services. It is here where our expert technical team can break down and analyze virtually every characteristic of asphalt-based materials.
GLC’s facility is AASHTO accredited, and the laboratory consists of:
- An aggregate testing unit, capable of full physical property testing including LA abrasion, sieve analysis, and Micro Deval
- A hot mix unit, with a focus on mix design optimization and mix performance for Marshall and Superpave mixes
- An asphalt binder testing unit - for full binder testing and PG grading
- An emulsion testing unit - for development and testing of asphalt emulsions
- Fifteen storage tanks (each with a capacity to hold 125,000 liters)
- A colloid mill to produce the emulsion and a series of pipes and valves to manage the products
- Production capacity for a complete array of products including cutback, anionic and cationic emulsions
Our facility also includes a fully functional storage terminal with remote tanks, rail capabilities, and a fleet of trucks to hold and transport materials to virtually any location. As well, we offer automated billing, all-hours delivery, and time/vehicle tracking. This enables us to serve clients with maximum precision and flexibility.
General Liquids operates a fully staffed and trained laboratory servicing our HMA, Aggregate, Liquid Asphalt and Asphalt Emulsion testing requirements. Our AASHTO accreditation in the above fields keeps us up to date with the ever changing demands of the road construction industry. For further information on our services, please contact us.
General Liquids Canada is committed to being an industry leader through all aspects of production.
We are resolved to:
- Reduce waste, protect our waters and prevent pollution.
- Continuously improve our performance and environmental practices based on our ISO 14001 continual improvement program.
- Be good neighbours. We will communicate appropriately with those who have an interest in our performance.
- Develop our workforce to ensure environmental protection and continued strict monitoring of our eco systems.
- Manage our activities and prevent impacts to the environment.
- Ensure that our operations will comply with all laws and regulations.
Corporate Quality Policy
General Liquids Canada (GLC) strives to be the market leader in their business, including production, performance testing and final delivery of products and service.
To be the best we will:
- Consistently meet our customer expectations for a quality product, service and delivery.
- Operate a research and development facility, dedicated to continually improving our products and services.
- Stay in touch with the changing customer and market needs and adapting our products and services to satisfy those needs.
- Continually monitor and improve our process to reduce variability.